ESG Overview & Sustainability Reports
At Xanadu, we aim to be a leader in sustainable exploration. To help us achieve this, we have integrated Sustainability into our core business values. We endeavour to be good corporate citizens and neighbours to our partners in Mongolia, and will operate and explore in a way that keeps our team safe, cares for the environment, and supports our host communities.
Our Sustainability Policy outlines our clear objectives and actions to grow and operate sustainably. We endeavour to commit to having safe and healthy operations, minimise our environmental footprint, develop and maintain strong relationships with our communities and governments, and act in a transparent and ethical manner.
Xanadu will strive to achieve this by way of the following principles, as set out in our Sustainability Policy.
- Engage all stakeholders to create a safe and healthy work environment
- Create a diverse and inclusive workplace where everyone feels safe, valued and supported
- Respect and protect the human rights of our employees, contractors, suppliers and community members
- Build a workforce representing the communities in which we operate to attract and retain the right people
- Deliver benefits to host communities in a manner that supports and respects their rights and aspirations
- Honour cultural heritage, customs and traditions of people touched by our activities
- Engage openly, honestly and regularly with our host governments and communities and consider their views in our decision-making
- Build relationships with suppliers to optimise value through safe, efficient, continuous improvement
- Uphold ethical business practices and comply with legal requirements in jurisdictions where we operate.
- Establish processes to identify and manage risks and opportunities for efficient use of energy and water, to minimise waste generation, and to manage emissions that cause climate change.
- Contribute to conservation of biodiversity by effective planning and environmental management in areas affected by our operations
- Monitor, measure, report and assure sustainability performance against public objectives and targets.
Download a copy of our Sustainability Policy.